Monday, June 12, 2006

Top 9 Replacement Phrases to give class to your class-less game.

9. “Way to hang in there.” (Instead of “Do you have a clue at all, Sherlock?”)
8. “My cards are a bit cold.” (Instead of “Does this deck have any aces?”)
7. “You really know this game.” (Instead of “Keep playing like that, donkey, so I can get my money back.”)
6. “Great Instincts.” (Instead of “You called my raise with THAT!?!”)
5. “Nice Catch.” (Instead of “You didn’t even unbutton your pants to pull that one out of your a$$.”)
4. “You are on Fire.” (Instead of “You should be set on fire.”)
3. “I got lucky on that one.” (Instead of “… lucky that I’m playing with such idiots.”)
2. “Looks like short night.” (Instead of “Where the hell did all my money go?”)
1. “Nice hand” (Instead of “$^*#$ %!#$% ^& $^* !@&%#@!!!!!”)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I have trouble treating comments at the poker table as anything but the euphemisms you describe. Especially the ever present "nh" in online games. Sometimes it is a real compliment - usually it is exactly along the lines of what you said.

buffalodick said...

Four of us played hold'em with our wives 2 weeks ago. Slow play took on a whole new meaning. I enjoyed your comments immensely!

Anonymous said...

lol, all too true!

CarmenSinCity said...

Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up!! Very true.

Beakerz said...

Funny lines. Real true.

Do you play live as well?

Special K said...

I'll be in Vegas later today. We'll see if I play live or not.

The Person said...

I live in Vegas and the tourists will provide me plenty of opportunity to use these lines... good stuff.
If you want to check out a fellow poker players blog then here it is ( it has nothing to do with poker though) www.where-are-my-keys.blogspot.com

Or you might see me at the Excalibur or the MGM ... maybe Poker Stars or Full Tilt.

talk said...

HAHAHA...hi....i was hopping and searching blogger and found yours. I like your site and your catchy blog title. :-) Great work you have here!

Emily said...

Those are amusing.

Do you know what? Every time I press the Next Blog button for more than 5 or 6 blogs, I always end up on your blog.

I don't know how that works out, but I almost feel like our blogs are connected, like hotel rooms. It really happens that often.

Anonymous said...

cool! great blog!