Many of the usual gang and a couple of unusual folk gathered at the Special K casino for some poker and camaraderie. Both were found in generous supply. Falstaff came by early for dinner a bit early. We were soon joined by Mr. Jones, Jim the Knife, LouD, Big Nick, and special guest Shamus and thus we had our 7 to get us started. We were later joined by the Brown Recluse and Lane B.
The game of choice was .5-1 NLHE. I don’t remember much from specific hands. I was able to out kick Falstaff on a couple of hands, but he was able to out draw me on a couple of bigger hands. The middle of the night was especially cruel to me time after time seeming to draw the worst card out of the deck at the worst time over and over.
At 11:00, we switched out to .5-1 NL Omaha which was a bit better to me as I recovered my earlier losses to end even for the night. Mr. Jones and JtK were the big winners with LouD and Falstaff funding their score. That is all from a day old memory, so me need correction.
Some of the table conversation:
- Is Barak Obama more likely to win the best actor oscar or start at quaterback for the Panthers. Answer: Probably both.
- Ups and Downs of the Breeders Cup
- Running numbers for the mob
- Good gambling books
- Vegas in December – Blogger Gathering
- Never going back to the IP (that wasn’t me)
- Gambling in WVa, AC, Cherokee, and Tunica
- Could we switch to the deck with the face cards in it?
It was a bit stressful getting the right number of runners for the night, but all worked out well in the end.