Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Flamingos at the Flamingo

When I was writing up some of the other attractions along the central strip, I failed to mention the wildlife habitat at the Flamingo. The Flamingo hotel is across the street from Caesar’s Palace and Bally’s at the busiest corner in Las Vegas, Flamingo Road and Las Vegas Blvd. The old bird is starting to show her age and they lack a good poker room, so I don’t stop in very often. That being the case, I haven’t scouted around the property much at all, so I missed it.

Watching one of those all-about-vegas shows on the travel channel tonight (or is it the Vegas channel); I saw them give a top 10 list of free things in Vegas. One that I had missed was the birds at the Flamingo. They have flamingos (or course), African penguins, swans, ducks, Koi, and turtles on islands and streams surrounded by sparkling waterfalls and lush foliage (their description, not mine).

It sounds like fun and can fit easily into your schedule between the Forum Shops and the Bellagio. I'm going to make a special trip next time for sure.

No comments: