Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fenway Update

I was just looking back through the last few months of blog posts trying to figure out what I’ve posted and what I’ve missed.  That’s when I came across the posts about one of my dogs, Fenway, and how he blew out his knee.  You can catch up on that story here.

I knew it had been a while, but I had no idea that he hurt himself back at the end of March.  It’s been 4 month or about 16 weeks.  There was a long delay in getting his surgery done as he had some skin infections.  It would have been a really bad idea to operate with the infected skin as it would have gotten into the surgery incision and I don’t want to know what would happen then.

Now to the present.  Our boy is still recovering.  He had his surgery about 3 weeks ago.  I’d say he is a bit behind in his rehab.  He should be walking and exercising more, but he gets really sore for days afterwards, so we are taking that slow.  We are hoping to have him back to normal in 5 more weeks.  I say we, but I’m going to be gone from home the majority of that time.  It’s times like that that my job is not fair to Dr. K and the dogs.

No comments: