I've been in town for 23 hours now, and what a 23 hours it has been. It has been great to see some old faces and throw down some cards with them. Here are some highlights:
- Diamond Jim took down first place in the 3 pm tourney at Caesar's Palace for a prize of $950.
- The last of the Charlotte crew arrived on time around midnight last night.
- Early in the day, I hit an A high flush with Kd, Jd, 10d, and 9d on the board. I folded it to a big bet. My opponent showed me his Qd for the straight flush.
- Brian, Falstaff, and I sat at a table with a bunch of brits. Steve from Warsaw (also called Mumbles) was one of the wildest players we've ever seen. He called a girls hand as Aces just before calling her all-in with pocket 4s and an outside straight draw going to the turn. He hit is on the river sending the girl into a card flinging rage. Funny stuff when it doesn't happen to you.
- On the biggest hand of my life, so far, I hit a set of Jacks on the flop. My opponent bet pretty big and I went all in for a total in the pot of a little more than $200. The board was J, 9, 7 rainbow. He called and showed his set of 9s. The turn brought the forth Jack and the win and a $161 bonus.
- After getting down $100 early, I rallied to a first day net of +800. (more than doubling my previous best day).
Time for day 2. Later.