Thursday, November 10, 2005

CLT to DEN

Leg one of the ZTP adventure is half done. I’m writing from the Denver airport meaning I am halfway to Vegas. The first leg was terrific. I got bumped up to first class on the nearly full flight. I had a good seat assignment going in, but getting first class on a 3.5 hour flight is a jackpot.

Now comes another roll of the dice as I have no seat assignment on the DEN to LAS leg. That, by the way, is a sign that I have been traveling too much. When you refer to airports by their codes, it’s time to stay home more. I seem to end up in DEN, CHW, LGA, and FFL way too much.

Even though US Airways and America West are one airline corporately, they are still two different airlines when it comes to getting seat assignments. The US Air counters can’t get you a seat on an America West flight and vice versa. No problem. This is only a two hour leg. I can survive most anything for 2 hours, especially when Vegas is on the other end.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had free WiFi service in Denver. I know I had tried before and it was only available for pay (like $10 per day). That was great because I had a call from a customer and I needed to send some email. For some reason, the free part ran out after 45 minutes, but 45 is a lot more than zero.

No comments: