Monday, March 19, 2007

The day is here

It has been about three months since the location of the trip was announced and 2 months since I learned we were staying at the Bellagio. If this isn't adult christmas, I don't know what is.

For those who have not been following along, today I leave for Vegas. Three of my closest poker buddies are on the same trio. Vegas is always better with friends.

The schedule for the trip is very loosely structured. It looks like tomorrow (Tuesday) will be packed with meetings and team building activities. Otherwise, it looks like open season on the poker tables.

Right now, I'm sitting in the Charlotte airport listening to the announcement that the flight has been delayed. I'm having flashbacks to my dad yelling at me to get back in bed on a Christmas morning. OK. Another hour won't hurt. Bullshit.

Mrs. K has been great about this whole thing. She worries about me. I think she spends a lot of effort biting her tongue to keep from criticizing me or venting frustration. But she has an incredible love for me that puts me first in her thoughts. Even when she complains, I can tell that she does it from concern and not from selfishness. I think she would prefer that this trip were not happening right now. She already has a lot on her, but she hasn’t said anything more than “have a good time.”

I’ve been to the Bellagio many times. This will be the first time as a guest. I can’t wait to see the rest of the grounds. The high temps in Vegas are running around 90 degrees which is damn near perfect. So all systems are GO. Next stop, Vegas (if we ever leave).

No comments: