Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mr. C's Surgery

Mr. C from the last post will be having surgery to insert chemo wafers on his brain tomorrow afternoon (make that today). This has been one hell of a long road for the family. It is hard when you are on the second row like me, but it is excruciating for my wife and her mom and siblings. Mr. C is a trooper and is doing everything he can to hold on to a decent life.

The World Series of Poker moves on to Day 2 tomorrow. People will die in Iraq tomorrow. The MLB All-Star Game will be played tomorrow. It will be hot all over the country tomorrow. Mothers and wives and husbands and sons and daughters will get the news that relatives will be born and die tomorrow. Through it all, life goes on for those who are left. That’s what my logic brain tells me.

I see the pain in my wife’s eyes and the heartbreak on my mother-in-law’s face. I see Mr. C’s friends come by to say goodbye with pain in their hearts. I know it happens every day, but we feel it so much more when it happens to those who are close.

As far as I know, Mr. C doesn’t have much more chance of dying tomorrow that most any other day, but we need to say our piece, just in case.

If you couldn’t tell, I really don’t have that much of a point. I’m just dumping some of my stuff here. Thanks to those of you who pray. We appreciate you very much.

I'll update this space tomorrow or as we learn more.

2 comments:

TripJax said...

I tried to comment on your earlier post earlier today from work, but for whatever reason your site is blocked for me at work.

Now that I'm home, let me just say the TripJax fam will keep you and yours in our prayers. It is obvious Mr. C has everyone on his team.

Keep up the updates...

Anonymous said...

I hope everything went well today. Give an update when you can.