Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catching up – Aloha

A few weeks back, business took me to Hawai’i.  First off, when did they add an apostrophe to the name.  I’m thinking before the trip that it was maybe a Hawaiian thing, but when I get to the island I see the state spelling Hawaii and Hawai’i.  You’ll be glad to hear that it didn’t mess up my work or my short vacation.

I mention vacation as I took Dr. K along on this trip.  She was willing to put up with me being gone during the first few days of the trip.  Having the company pick up more than half of the tap for the trip really made it possible.

There’s not a lot to say about the trip.  On the days when I was working, Dr. K rented a bike and rode around Diamond Head and Honolulu.  We rode around the island (Oahu) one day from Waikiki to the North Shore and Hanauma Bay.  Another day we visited Pearl Harbor with the Arizona Memorial and USS Missouri.

The final morning was a real treat.  Doc Chako and the Wife came on vacation and happened to stay at the very same resort.  We met poolside and had a real nice visit, met the Chako kids and au pair.

Here are the best of the  pictures that I promised weeks ago.  Enjoy.

DSC_2127

DSC_2138

DSC_2158

Hanauma Bay

DSC_2201

DSC_2217

The Missouri looking over the remains of the Arizona (from the beginning to the end of WWII)

DSC_2228t

The Arizona Memorial from the Missouri

I’m not sure what I did with the pictures from the top of Diamond Head.  I’ll post em when I find em.

No comments: