Monday, February 11, 2008

Break is over - Back to Work

That was a nice little break from blogging.  It's not that nothing has been happening or that nothing was on my mind.  I just didn't feel like writing it down.

Going back a little over a week, there was Poker at BG's in the country.  I won the tournament with very few cards, but really strong cards when others had good enough cards to play with me.  I think I busted out about half the players, but that was a good while ago and the story may have grown in my mind.  I also did real well in the cash game finishing the night with about 170 more points than I started with.

Oh yea, that was the night our host's nose opened into a red torrent to start a run of three straight days visiting the local emergency room.  Falstaff wrote it up much better than could I.  Read it here.

The following night was pool league and the super bowl.  Both worked out the way I wanted.  I smoked my opponent and the Giants took down the Patriot's collective egos.

Work was really busy last week, thought I don't remember just what happened.  I remember that there were lots of con calls and interviews and no time to sit and write up a decent blog post, so I didn't.  It was nice to be home at night for the first week in the past three.

The biggest news for the Special K household is that Dr. K has taken a position with a local audiology clinic.  She is already very happy with the new employer and co-workers.  Better yet, it is only 10 minutes from the house.  That is compared to the 40-50 minutes she spent getting to and from her last job.  Last and probably least important in the big scheme, the pay is much better that she has ever received before.  I'm so proud of her I can't put it into words.

This past Saturday was alright for pasta and poker.  Damn, I've been playing lots of poker here recently, but it is so much fun and Jim the Knife made us an offer that we couldn't refuse.  The offer was a home-made pasta dinner followed by hours of cards.  The meal and company were big winners for me.  The poker was a little winner (21 points), but that beats the crap out of losing.  Thanks again, Jim.  It was a terrific night.

One interesting hand happened when three of us hit our flushes on the river.  I beat the low flush and got beat by T with the short stack and a J to beat my ten.  I at least got some money back from the side pot.  You can read more about the night here.

Pool on Sunday was a different story.  Where I smoked last week, I got smoked this week.  I took a 3-0 loss to a lower ranked player.  I probably hurt my game by raking leaves and shoveling dirt before going to play, but my opponent played really well and I didn't.

Wow, not that I've got that all recorded, we can move on to more important matters.  I'll let you know as soon as I figure out what those are.

One more thing though.  I upgraded my Flickr account and uploaded a heaping helping of photos last night.  I wanted to test the integration of Flickr with this Windows Live Writer that I use so here goes with some photos from Yellowstone in October 2004:

Tetons Elk at Jackson Hole Grand Canyon at Yellowstone

Larger versions are available by clicking on the photos. That wasn't much integration, but I can work with it.

No comments: