Wednesday, December 05, 2007

It's Just About Vegas Time Again

Here I sit in Charlotte.  My bag is packed.  My bankroll is fat.  My mind and body are on GO.  All that remains is to get on the plane and sit for 4.5 hours.

My reservation to get on the plane is for 8:25 pm which would get me into Vegas a little after 10 pm Vegas time.  That schedule sounded good 8 weeks ago when I cashed in the miles to get the ticket.  Now, that is now unacceptable.

I checked the seating charts on the USAir web site and noticed that there is an 8:25 am flight out of CLT that is only about 2/3 full.  Flying stand-by that early in the morning with that many seats available should be a snap.  I plan to be at the airport around 7:25 am tomorrow to find out.

If all goes well, I will be in Vegas well before noon tomorrow.  That would be in about 19 hours.  That sounds much better.

My plans for Vegas are simple and few:

  1. Play some poker (probably just tourneys and $1-2 NL)
  2. Meet up with blogger friends old and new
  3. Do what looks like fun (limitation: Only do what I would do if my wife were standing nearby)(that really doesn't limit ME a whole lot)
  4. Get home safe and on time

So that's it.  I'm taking my laptop, so I may post some pictures or write a quick blurb, but don't count on it.  I have another trip planned  for as soon as I return, so this blog may not be updated for 2 weeks.  Now go enjoy your time off.  I will.

No comments: