Friday, December 07, 2007

WPBT - Day 1

I've been in town for 23 hours now, and what a 23 hours it has been.  It has been great to see some old faces and throw down some cards with them.  Here are some highlights:

  • Diamond Jim took down first place in the 3 pm tourney at Caesar's Palace for a prize of $950.
  • The last of the Charlotte crew arrived on time around midnight last night.
  • Early in the day, I hit an A high flush with Kd, Jd, 10d, and 9d on the board.  I folded it to a big bet.  My opponent showed me his Qd for the straight flush.
  • Brian, Falstaff, and I sat at a table with a bunch of brits. Steve from Warsaw (also called Mumbles) was one of the wildest players we've ever seen.  He called a girls hand as Aces just before calling her all-in with pocket 4s and an outside straight draw going to the turn.  He hit is on the river sending the girl into a card flinging rage.  Funny stuff when it doesn't happen to you.
  • On the biggest hand of my life, so far, I hit a set of Jacks on the flop.  My opponent bet pretty big and I went all in for a total in the pot of a little more than $200.  The board was J, 9, 7 rainbow.  He called and showed his set of 9s.  The turn brought the forth Jack and the win and a $161 bonus.
  • After getting down $100 early, I rallied to a first day net of +800. (more than doubling my previous best day).

Time for day 2.  Later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great meeting you and hope we can play some cards in the future.

Have fun!

IT!