Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I love Denver in October

The first leg of the adventure got off to a rough start. My flight to Phoenix connects in Denver. I got my usual seat on the flight. Because I fly enough, I am a US Airways Silver Preferred customer. There are some good seats that are reserved for preferred customers and my preference of a window seat near the front of the plane was all mine.

The guy next to me sat a little wide, but not excessively so and I was able to get some work done. We had a bit of a do-over with the landing when a plane in front of us was too slow in the pattern and forces our plane to go around again, but that only cost us 10 minutes.

Part of the problem might be the snow storm. It is only October 10 and Denver has gotten about 6 inches so far with another 6 to 10 yet to come.

As it happens, my older brother, his wife, and son has been visiting the family in Charlotte over the weekend and the wife (my sister-in-law) and son (my nephew, got it?) were on the same flight. As soon as I got off the plane I knew it would take a few minutes for J and G to get out, so I hit the departures board to see the status of my flight to Phoenix. There was no such flight on the board.

When I returned to my arriving gate there was no S-I-L and no nephew. I missed them somehow. My bad.

I proceed to the information desk to ask about my flight. The lady tells me that the flight has been delayed at least 2 hours. I can’t imagine what the problem is. Our flight had no problem getting in (except for the misbehaving plane) and Denver is the only major airport that is getting snow.

So here I sit, on the floor of the airport (carpeted) so that I can keep my laptop juiced up, without internet connectivity, waiting for Ted (the airline) to get his butt in gear. I’ve already prepped tomorrow’s class, so it looks like I will dig through some old emails that are cached on my laptop from the MS Poker Players alias. I still have about 200 unread messages from when I was on vacation.

This is really cutting into my AZ poker plans. L

1 comment:

Itong said...

Hi there!

Nice picture. I can't say that I'm sorry for the delay coz I really want to touch snow, actually. But since I live in tropical country (Indonesia), I think my dream would never come true. At least for now. :P