Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Vegas Day 2

Yesterday was a lot slower than Sunday. It rained for much of the day. But that was OK as I spent most of the day being seen at the Fiesta al Lago poker tournament. I have permission to say that I am with Fox Sports and LasVegasVegas.com from the publisher. I guess as long at they say that too, then it is true.

I took about 100 pictures, mostly of the final table of an event that started on Sunday. One of LasVegasVegas’ favorite pros, Max Pescatori, was at this final table which made it fun to watch. I got this shot when Max went all-in pre-flop and flopped a full boat of Queens over Aces.

My poker playing is not going quite so well. I have been so card dead that it is not even funny. I played last night for 3 ½ hours. I won a total of two hands. One of those was a total bluff and the other I flopped a set of 9s. It is not that I didn’t hit any hands, though they were damn few. I flopped a nut flush from the SB only to have a player hit a straight flush with 4 on the board on the river. In another hand (my last of the night), I hit a set of 2s on the flop, only to have another player complete a straight on the turn and no board paris to help me out. It was brutal.

Today has much promise. The main event of the tourney starts up. I expect most all of the major pros to be there. I’ve already seen many hanging around and playing. I’d better get busy if I’m going to make it on time.










Pros Spotted
Kathy Liebert
Chris Ferguson
Daniel Negreanu
Evelyn Ng
David Pham
Max Pescatori
Wendeen Eolias
Tony Ma
Hung La
Min Nguyen
Ron Rose
Johnny Chan

2 comments:

357martini said...

MMMMMMM with 1% milk your the best

------- said...

Awesome muck photo! Hope you don't mind if I use it as my desktop picture!