Monday, August 28, 2006

Vacation Wrap-up

I'm back in Charlotte having the first Monday at work in a long time. Man, did I miss this not at all! I'm starting a slightly new job with the same organization within the same company as before. The brings a lot of anxiety, but mostly, my mind in still on the road.

The trip just ended was a good one to say the least. One week of baseball with my wife followed by one week of pool and poker with good friends other than my wife (I put it that way because my wife it my best friend) is just about a perfect way to live life. My work doesn't suck, but it exists to make weeks like the last two stand out.

We did have one experience that needs to be put in writing, though I'm sure it is one of those "you had to be there" kind of moments.

During the pool tournament, there were various raffles of different pool cues going on. Young girls would walk around showing the cue and asking everyone if they wanted to participate in the raffle. Most of the girls were young and sexy. But then there was this one young 'lady' who stood about 5' 4" and weighed around 220 lbs. This girl was seriously under-tall. Her stringy blond hair had one big purple streak down one side. Her makeup and leather bustier were pseudo-goth. That was bad. The bikini briefs, fish-net hose and go-go boots completed a most, um, how can I say this, startlingly unattractive picture.

After she passed our seats, several people had their comments. I was stunned into silence. No, I didn't even get a picture.

This all happened near the end of our match. As we were leaving the hall, we noticed the bikini-goth babe also leaving but about 20 feet ahead of us. This turned out to be the perfect distance for watching, not the girl, but all of the various reactions to the girl from the folks making their way to the hall.

Some laughed, others made puke faces, others turned and bumped into still others. I had tears in my eyes before we went 50 feet and was about to fall over laughing in 50 more. Seeing the girl had it's somewhat cruel humor, but seeing the reactions on a moving stage like this was most entertaining.

-------------------------------

The whole trip (two full weeks) went by without injury or the loss of anything significant. All of the games went off on time. All of the flights went off on time (more or less). All of the hotels had our reservations. If anything, the smoothness of the trip accounts for the lack of adventure of these posts. Things just went the way they were planned.

-------------------------------

Special props to Jaxon at for his great pimpage to this site. I've traded emails and comments with the man, but have never met him in person. I look forward to that day. If you haven't checked out his blog, go there now.

------------------------------

On last posting of some of the pictures that I couldn't get up during the trip and it will be time to move on. (And I'm not going to post about the last hand of poker I played in Vegas where my AA got cracked to triple my loss for the week - Ouch). Okay, I'm still having problems with the pictures. Later.

5 comments:

TripJax said...

Yeah, can't wait to make it your way sometime. I know you've been gone and probably couldn't make it, but just in case...check this...

http://badbloodonpoker.blogspot.com/2006_08_01_badbloodonpoker_archive.html#115634039653669991

I'll be there and so will John (PokerStage)

Later,
Jason

BadBlood said...

Consider this a personal invite. If you can make it, we'd love to have you.

Special K said...

Man, that sounds like a great time. I hate that I'm going to miss this one (I've been doing that a lot lately.) I've promised my Saturday to my Mom. May the best man (or woman) win.

John G. Hartness said...

Then after you're done being a Momma's boy on Saturday you can join us on Sunday for the rest of the festivities. That sounds like drinking to me, since I suck at the poker.

TripJax said...

Catch you at the next one then...tell the Momz us poker degenerates said hello...